Sanjay Ramakumar, MD
Medical Director of Urology and Urologic Oncology
- Fellowship in Laparoscopy and Endourology: Johns Hopkins University Schoolof Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Residency in Urologic Surgery: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Internship in General Surgery: Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Medical School: University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO
About the Physician
Dr. Sanjay Ramakumar is a board certified physician with over 20 years of experience in urologic surgery. In 2001 he was faculty at the University Of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson and brought advanced laparoscopic surgery to Southern Arizona. In 2005 he was the first to perform da Vinci robotic surgery in Southern Arizona. By 2020, he was one of the highest volume of robotic surgeons in Southern Arizona and patients came nationally and internationally to have Dr. Ramakumar perform their surgeries. His clinical passion is minimally invasive surgery, especially for Urologic cancer.
His clinical philosophy is to provide the highest level of customer service to each patient. This begins with effective and efficient communication between patients and the medical practice. He strives for professionalism at every level of what he does. He believes that all patients should be well informed about their conditions and know their options. Dr. Ramakumar’s job is to provide that information to them as thoroughly as he can so that they can make the best decision for themselves. He encourages patients to research options and ask questions.
Dr. Ramakumar's goal for the Abrazo Urologic Institute is to provide the most personalized and advanced care for patients with Urologic cancers.
In addition to his professional practice he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. His interests include enjoying gourmet food, whiskey and wine tasting. He also believes in a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise, yoga and meditation.
- Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
- Advanced Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery