Abrazo Medical Group Central Family Medicine Center
Please visit our website to learn more about the Family Medicine Residency services, our physicians, faculty and residents.
View our website at:
What is a Resident Physician?
A Resident Physician at our Family Medicine Residency clinic is a physician who has graduated medical school and is completing their specialty training in Family Medicine. This program provides the Resident Physicians with three additional years of Family Medicine training, preparing them to become board-certified Family Physicians. All Resident Physicians work directly under the supervision of a board-certified Family Medicine physician and you may meet two physicians depending on the nature of your office visit!
From infants, children, teens to parents and grandparents, we offer a wide range of Family Medicine services for the entire family, including annual health exams, well child visits, immunizations, acute, chronic and preventative care.
- Same-day appointments
- Routine physicals, checkups and screenings for specific health concerns
- Treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Management of chronic illness or conditions (e.g. hypertension, diabetes, thyroid disorders, arthritis)
- Pregnancy care – prenatal and postpartum visits
- Well-woman exams including clinical breast exam, pap smear, colposcopy
- Skin care (dermatology), including treatment of skin tags and warts, as well as biopsies of skin lesions
- Coordination of at-home or nursing-home care as needed
- Specialist referrals
- Managing complex health problems including mental illnesses
- OMT (Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, or OMT, is a set of hands-on techniques used by osteopathic physicians (DOs) to diagnose, treat, and prevent illness or injury)
- In-office blood draws
- Reviewing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Occupational medicine
For more information or to schedule an appointment call (602) 246-5525. We are conveniently located on the 5th floor in the Central Physicians Plaza at 6036 N. 19th Avenue, Suite 506, Phoenix AZ 85015.