Nasrin Ghalyaie, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Chief, Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Medical School: Tehran University of Medical Sciences - Tehran, Iran
- Internship: Baylor College of Medicine - Houston, TX
- Baylor College of Medicine - Houston, TX
- The Cleveland Clinic - Cleveland, Ohio
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center - Livingston, New Jersey
- Post-graduate training: Colon & Rectal Surgery Fellowship - Henry Ford Hospital/Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Board certifications: General Surgery; Colon and Rectal Surgery
About the Provider
- Dr. Ghalyaie specializes in treating diseases and disorders of the colon, rectum and anus, especially sporadic colorectal cancer and hereditary cancer syndromes, inflammatory bowel disease, and complex anorectal conditions.
- Performs an array of minimally invasive surgical procedures such as robotic surgery, laparoscopic surgery and transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM).
- Skilled in performing sphincter-preserving surgery for rectal malignancies and inflammatory bowel disease to avoid the need for a permanent colostomy.
- Treats other conditions such as diverticulitis, enterocutaneous fistula, pelvic floor disorders, rectovaginal fistula, intestinal obstruction, stoma complications, rectal prolapse and pouchitis.
Philosophy of Care
It is my goal to provide cutting edge, patient-centered surgical care of the highest quality to patients in our community. I treat each patient with compassion while working with them to develop a personalized care plan.
Memberships / Organizations
American College of Surgeons, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Association for Academic Surgery, SAGES
Hospitals System Affiliations
- Abrazo Community Health Network
- Early onset Colon and Rectal Cancers
- Quality and Clinical Outcomes-based research